When you use this website, we may collect information about which pages you visit, how much time you spend on a page and how you navigate through this website. That information may include the date and time, your IP address, your general location, your operating system and the browser you are using. We may use various technologies to collect and store information when you use this website, and this may include using cookies and similar tracking technologies such as pixels and web beacons, to analyse trends, administer the website, track users’ movements around the website, serve targeted advertisements, and gather demographic information bout our user base as a whole. If you wish to opt out of interest-based advertising click http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/. Please note you might continue to receive generic ads.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are widely used by online service providers in order to make their websites or services work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information
How to turn off Cookies?
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website.
The personal data we collect from you and their purposes:
We may need the following personal information to deal with enquiries and/or process applications for study and accommodation:
- Personal contact details such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers, and personal email address
- Date of birth
- Nationality and country of residence
- Passport number
- Visa information and immigration status
- Education history
- Employment history
- Funding information
- Bank account details
- Billing address
- Credit card or other payment information for processing your payments
- Attendance records
We may also ask you to disclose information regarding any criminal convictions you may have as part of your application. We need to use this information to comply with our legal obligations. This information, together with the personal data provided to us above at application stage, will be used by us to perform the contract we have entered into with you.
Furthermore, we will collect further personal data relating to your visa application and immigration status as we have a legal obligation to use this information.
During your studies, we will collect information about your academic experience and progression so that we can monitor the provision of our service to you and to fulfil our contract.
We will collect and store data relating to your attendance so that we can comply with visa regulations.
Additionally, we may also collect personal data about your health so that we can make appropriate arrangements and reasonable adjustments for you regarding your welfare, attendance, or accommodation. This is also necessary so that we can perform our contract with you and to fulfil our legal obligations.
We may also collect personal data about you if you are named as an emergency contact for an individual. We use this information as it is in the vital interests of such individual.
If you use an agent to arrange your application and study with us, we may collect the categories of personal data described above from your agent.
Where we have your consent, we may use your personal data (such as name and email address) to inform you of special offers and new or existing services that we believe may be of interest to you. We may also use this data to send you surveys of questionnaires in orderto learn more about your interests and needs.
If you would prefer not to be contacted for the purposes mentioned above, please follow the opt-out links on any marketing message or contact us using the contact details in this Privacy Notice.
Internal business purposes
We also may use your personal data for our internal business purposes. This is in our legitimate interests so that we can operate as a business and monitor and improve the services we provide. Where possible we will anonymise this information. Please contact us using the contact details in this Privacy Notice if you would like more information.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with our services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
When and how we share your personal data with others:
We may share your personal data with third parties where required by law, where it is necessary to perform our contract with you or where we have a legitimate interest in doing so. Such third parties may include the following:
- Our service providers: We may share your personal data with other companies that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include processing payments and supporting our website and IT functionality. These service providers may be supplied with or have access to your personal data solely for the purpose of providing these services to us or on our behalf. Academic Action International is the data controller and will remain accountable for your personal data.
- Overseas Partners/Agents: If you use an agent to arrange your application or study with us, we may share your personal data with them.
- Parents and guardians: If you are under 18, we may share your personal data with your parents or guardians in order to perform our contract, comply with our legal obligations and if it is in your vital interests
- Homestay hosts and residences: If you have requested Academic Action s to arrange accommodation for you on your behalf, we may share your personal data (such as name, date of birth, nationality and home address) with your host or accommodation provider.
- Regulators: We may need to share your personal data if required by a regulator or to otherwise comply with law.
- Immigration authorities: There are legal requirements upon students studying at our schools to comply with the UK and/or Canada’s visa regulations and restrictions which may include minimum attendance.
- Others: We may share your personal information with other third parties such as in the context of the possible sale of our business. We may also need to share your personal data in order to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain.
Transfer of personal data to other countries:
Our storage and retention of your personal data: Your personal data will only be retained for as long as it is necessary in order to fulfil the purposes it was collected for. Please contact us if you require further information. It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your contract with us.
If you require any further information, you are welcome to contact us using the details set out above under Our contact details.